6 Educational Consultants - 3 Language & Literacy Consultants and 3 Mathematic Consultantsread more
The Southwest Center is accepting applications for 6 Educational Consultants.
- 3 - Language and Literacy Consultants: K-3, and K-12
- 3 - Mathematic Consultants: K-3, and K-12
Job descriptions are below.
- Please email the following to: email@example.com
- Cover Letter of Interest
- 1 Letter of Recommendation
- In the subject line please put EDUCATIONAL CONSULTANT
- All applicants will be considered for both educational consultant categories and applicants will be placed by the SWC where they will best serve our districts
Timeline: Applications will be accepted through April 12th. Interviews will take place after April 12th.
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE APPLYING: This is a two-year position only. The SWC is working with DESE and this program is subject to funding from DESE. All positions are only for two-years. After those 2 years the SWC, as of the current time, will not have the consultant positions.
Reports to: SWC Executive Director & the Director of Professional Learning
Classification: 12 Months – Full Time
Location: Southwest Center – Webb City, MO
PURPOSE AND EXPECTATIONS
Provide educators with support to assist districts in the development and implementation of effective instructional methods, assessments and/or activities related to improving academic performance in the areas of Language & Literacy or Mathematics. Collaborate with other initiatives and interagency work DESE, regional RPDCs and the SWC to provide support to identified districts and schools.
- Assist in development of training/coaching materials and organize/conduct high-quality assistance regarding best practice for effective literacy acquisition, instruction and intervention in support of:
- Language & Literacy: the five components of literacy instruction (phonological/phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, fluency and comprehension); the practice of disciplinary literacy instruction, and research-based instruction and assessment practices.
- Mathematics: skills related to fluency, appropriate grade level rigor, use of student work to reflect on instruction) and intervention aligned with the acceleration of learning for all students, but especially for students who are struggling in mathematics.
- Support the use of the Missouri Learning Standards and priority standards in instruction and development of resources.
- Provide support and professional development regarding classroom, local and statewide assessments.
- Provide direct coaching and professional development on specific topics/content and as specified by SWC and/or DESE.
- Participate in collaborative planning meetings within the SWC and with other regional consultants and DESE staff as requested.
- Report data and consultant activities of each month using a DESE provided system.
- Engage in activities to stay informed on current research related to best practice literacy acquisition, implementation, intervention, and assessment.
- Attend regional, state, and national conferences as requested by the SWC and/or DESE; disseminate information to educators in assigned regions.
PREREQUISITES FOR THE JOB:
- Preferred experience in administration
- Experience with instructional, intervention and assessment practices
- Three years of classroom experience and elementary or secondary content-specific teaching certificate
- Understanding of significant research in the field of reading or mathematics and the ability to apply the findings to the improvement of instruction
- Growth mindset, interest in finding supports to motivate greater learning for students and teachers; enjoy learning
- Ability to express complex ideas to a variety of audiences clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Ability to manage diverse activities and meet established deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport and effective working relationships with department staff and local school district personnel
- Ability to analyze complex educational problems and develop feasible solutions
Bachelors’ degree in education; master’s degree preferred
Must be able to lift 25 pounds
Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint; web browsers
This position may be required to travel in-state and out-of-state.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary and benefits will be discussed during the interview process.
- read more